The summer holidays are an ocean swimmers dream.
You can holiday at the beach, take day trips to the coast and generally spend more time swimming in the ocean.
A little well-earned overindulgence aside, you can get fit, get a tan and get stoked like never before.
As we head into the main holiday period, I’ve curated a list of reading you might like to do so you’re prepped and ready for whatever adventures await you.
Make the most of your holiday freedom by meeting up with other swim groups.
- Swim tourists welcome with open arms
- How to join a swim group while on holidays
- ONSHORE Podcast (Audio)
Wherever you swim these holidays, look after yourself and your swim buddies.
- OceanFit’s 10 tips for safe social ocean swims
- Swim Safety: Channeling your inner Mitch Buchannon
- How to assist a swimmer in difficulty
Make the most of your flexibility and swim in the best conditions each day.
- How to keep your training on track these holidays
- How to read a surf report as an ocean swimmer
- Sea Breezes: The Reason nothing much good happens after 8am
If you find yourself with loads of lazy hours on the beach or by the pool, dive deep into the OceanFit blog to increase your ocean swimming intelligence, and if you haven’t already, check out the eMagazine over on oceanswims.com, including these two most-read articles:
However you’re enjoying your summer holidays, stay safe, and have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!