Protein balls are a fantastic healthy snack you can enjoy between meals or after a workout.
This is one of my favourite protein ball varieties, give it a go and see what you think!
Ingredients (Makes 10 medium sized protein balls)
- 1/2 Cup Almond Meal
- 1/3 Cup Linseed Meal
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa
- 1/4 Cup Chia Seeds
- 2 Tbs ABC Spread
- 1/3 Cup Vanilla/Choc Protein Powder
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tbs Agave Syrup
- 1 Tbs Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/3 Cup Finely Chopped Dates
- 1/4 Cup Pumpkin/Sunflower Seeds
- 1 Tbs Coconut
- Pre-heat oven to 180deg.
- Mix all dry ingredients well in a bowl then add wet ingredients.
- Roll into medium balls in some extra coconut and place on lightly greased (with coconut butter or organic butter) tray.
- Cook for 10-12minutes or until the tops are a slightly golden.
- Best eaten in first three days but stay yummy for up to five days in the fridge. Freeze a few so they last longer.
TIP: I like to use as much organic materials as possible.
Originally posted May 2013.