Protein balls are a fantastic healthy snack you can enjoy between meals or after a workout.
This is one of my favourite protein ball varieties, give it a go and see what you think!
Ingredients (Makes 10 medium-sized protein balls)
- 1/2 cup Almond Meal
- 1/3 cup Linseed Meal
- 1/4 cup Cocoa
- 1/4 cup Chia Seeds
- 2 Tbs ABC Spread
- 1/3 Cup Vanilla/Choc Protein Powder
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tbs Agave Syrup
- 1 Tbs Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/3 Cup Finely Chopped Dates
- 1/4 Cup Pumpkin/Sunflower Seeds
- 1 Tbs Coconut
- Pre-heat oven to 180deg
- Mix all dry ingredients well in a bowl then add wet ingredients
- Roll into medium balls in some extra coconut and place on lightly greased (with coconut butter or organic butter) tray
- Cook for 10-12minutes or until the tops are a slightly golden
- Best eaten in the first three days but stay yummy for up to five days in the fridge. Freeze a few so they last longer
TIP: I like to use as many organic materials as possible.
First published May 2013.