Provided with, and asked to read and sign^ an online health and safety declaration form before first OceanFit session.
^Parent/Guardian to sign form on behalf of their children.
Each session will have the following minimum safety components:
(1) Safety induction
Participants will receive a safety induction including a review of the currents conditions at the commencement of the session.
(2) Minimum clothing accessories (water-based)
One or both of the following:
(3) A warm up & stretch will be conducted at the beginning of each active session
(4) Programs will be run when lifesavers/lifeguards are on patrol, with the following location exceptions:
(5) A visual risk assessment will be conducted before the session to determine the best location to run activities
(6) Activities will be conducted within 250m of the shore line
(7) Instructors will have a first aid kit, mobile phone and access to participant emergency contact information available at all times
(8) The maximum number of participants in an OceanFit group will be 12 participants
Maximum Instructor:Participant ratios:
Ratios may be reduced to match competency of participants.
(9) Instructors will have a piece of rescue equipment (i.e. rescue tube, rescue board, surf ski) with them at all times.
Every participant is required to wear the following clothing/accessories during OceanFit sessions:
For more information about the OceanFit Program Safety Policy contact us.
Last updated: 25 October 2019 | Risk Management Plan 6.0