If you think you’re doing the right thing by going low fat think again.
The body needs fats to function, this is why certain fats are called essential fatty acids i.e. they are essential to human health and it is essential to obtain them from our diet.
It is especially important to make an effort to include sources of omega 3 as our modern western diet is lacking in this type of fat.
Your goal for the week
Include sources of omega 3 in your diet; salmon, tuna, mackerel, sardines, chia seeds, hemp seed oil, flaxseeds, walnuts and sea vegetables are all great sources of omega 3.
Grilled salmon with yogurt tartar sauce
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 fresh Atlantic salmon fillets- de-boned
- 250g natural organic yogurt
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 1 dill pickle
- 1 teaspoon of chopped dill
- 1/2 teaspoon of chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
Place salmon fillets on a hot non-stick grill and cook for 5+ minutes depending on preference and fillet size
Tartare sauce directions
- Dice pickle and mix well with all of the other tartar ingredients
- Refrigerate and let sit for several hours so that flavours can come together
- Serve as a topping to grilled salmon or any other fish of choice