Work with us
Licence OceanFit's ocean swim school
OceanFit has transformed the delivery of ocean awareness, confidence and swimming through our range of original, innovative and results-proven programs. Based on Bondi Beach since 2009, and led by experienced instructors, OceanFit has programs for every age and ability that are changing lives and enhancing ocean lifestyles.
We’re looking to spread our programs to other beach locations throughout Australia and we need passionate, highly fit and knowledgeable watermen and women to become licensed contracted instructors.
You’ll have to be a legend in the ocean. It’s your lifestyle and you’ve grown up with salt water in your veins. You’ll be fit and passionate, enjoy the buzz of teaching, and have a thing for making someone’s day.
If you fit that bill, we’ll turn you into an OceanFit Instructor by arming you with the latest in evidence-based ocean safety knowledge, ocean swimming techniques and OceanFit original programs, resources and equipment.
Then it’s over to you. On your beach^ you’ll schedule your own regular ocean fitness classes, ocean swimming clinics and ocean awareness and confidence courses via our web-based instructor scheduling system. You’ll be paid a flat rate for your sessions with a commission structure built in for filling your sessions.
You can fit your OceanFit schedule around your other interests or part-time work and enjoy working at the beach all summer. We’ll take care of the administration and marketing so you can just enjoy doing the part you love – being on the beach and teaching.
As an OceanFit Instructor you’ll have:
- A background in pool/ocean swimming;
- A high level of ocean knowledge;
- SLSA Bronze Medallion or higher & Lifesaving/Lifeguarding experience;
- CPR and Senior First Aid;
- One of: Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety or equivalent, Level 1 Coaching or equivalent, Certificate III in Fitness or equivalent, Surf Coach Level 1;
- Working with Children Check;
- An ABN number and Insurance (these can be obtained pre-contract);
- The ability to learn and follow OceanFit programs;
- The ability to work flexible hours.
^Council permits may be required in some locations and some are still being sought.