Who is OceanFit?
OceanFit is the home of ocean swimming in Australia and the largest and most popular ocean swimming training & education provider.
- Established in 2009 on Bondi Beach, Sydney
- We’ve introduced 700+ people to ocean swimming
- Deliver small-group clinics and private lessons
- Kids lessons to make the ocean fun and safe.
Top 3 reasons people choose OceanFit
- We’re the experienced pro’s at helping all ages and abilities achieve their goals
- Our small class sizes ensure maximum safety & personalised attention
- Our programs are designed to be easy and convenient to slot into busy lifestyles.
Who runs OceanFit?
OceanFit was established by Bondi Beach resident Andre Slade.
Andre has had a lifetime of ocean sports participation, management and coaching, including swimming, surf life saving, sailing and surfing.
His broad involvement includes:
- Managing surf sports athletes, including Australian & NZ national champions
- Commentating at surf sports events, including Aussies and local carnivals
- Running watersports at summer camps in the US and Croatia
- Developing a 5-year water safety strategy for Saudi Arabia.
Andre continues to coach ocean swimming and thrives on developing the sport for new generations. He is also a member of Bondi and Burning Palms surf life saving clubs and volunteers as a lifesaver and nipper coach.
At his three years at Surf Life Saving Australia as the National Lifeguard Manager he developed, among other things:
- The Junior Develop Resource, used by Age Managers at surf clubs throughout Australia to teach over 50k nippers
- National leadership and membership programs, including the National Leadership College
- The Australian Lifeguard Magazine & other lifeguard initiatives