The Legend of the Lake, at Rotorua’s stunning Blue Lake adds a fresh new dimension to the New Zealand Ocean Swim Series as the only fresh water event in the series.
The Legend of the Lake swim is the eighth of ten events in the New Zealand Ocean Swim Series.
Rotorua is the ultimate weekend destination and caters to the ‘Daring Adventurers’ and ‘Coffee Sippers’ alike. Why not make a holiday out of this event by booking your accommodation early and enjoy a weekend away to remember.
Consisting of five different swim events, the Legend of the Lake Swim provides an ocean swim event for all ages and abilities.
– The 3.5km Round the Lake lives up to its name and sees swimmers circumnavigate the lake in the longest swim of the day.
– The 1000km RotoVegas takes swimmers out and around a triangular course and is an achievable distance for most individuals with swimming experience.
– The 500m RotoVegas takes swimmers out and around a triangular course and is the perfect swim if you are new to open water swimming.
– The Amphibian is a hybrid swim run event which sees participants swim 1.7km, followed by a 3.5km forest run and finishing it off with a 500m swim. This season you can tackle the Amhibian either solo or as a team of two, completing the whole course together.
– The Banana Boat OceanKids has two swim distances; 100m and 200m for kids aged between 7-12 years old.
This season New Zealand Ocean Swim Series has condensed all the action into once day to ensure you have plenty of time to explore the geothermal and adventure the wonderland of Rotorua.