Take part in a 3 km challenge around a 1 km course set over Moore Reef, 50 kms off the coast of Cairns, and take the time to simply cruise over the reef.
The Great Barrier Reef is designated one of the Seven Wonders of the Natural World and these swims are a unique opportunity to enjoy this phenomenon of a race above beautiful coral, sea life and the crystal clear near-transcendental aqua blue ocean.
Your day out will include all the opportunities to snorkel and scuba, but as a venue for a race , you will never forget it.
Included in your swim package:
- A full day out on the Great Barrier Reef, Social functions and other events and benefits
- Pre- Race briefing
- Race course marked out by buoys and a truly spectacular venue
- The most gorgeous ocean swim you will ever take part in
- A chance at seeing Nemo and a 100% likelihood of seeing beautiful marine life, coral and blue, blue ocean
- Warm-up and the most beautiful swim down opportunities you will ever experience
- Timing information
- Underwater and above water photography, drone coverage and videos for all competitors
- Merchandise package including Race Swim Cap, Participation Medal, Equipment Bag, Baseball Cap
- Access to an ocean swim clinic with an Australian Olympic Coach (limited space)
- Evening social functions, with guest speaker/Q&A from the swimming world, including our event ambassador, triple Olympic gold medalist, Leisel Jones OAM