OceanFit moves to flat water for open water swimming training that focuses on developing techniques & strategies required for open water swims & triathlons.
If you’re looking to swim more efficiently and become confident in open water – like harbours, lakes and rivers – but you’re not ready for the ocean and waves just yet, then this is the clinic for you.
If you’re a beginner triathlete, or struggling with the first leg in your tri’s, then this clinic will give you a better understanding of open water, develop your stroke for open water swimming and help you with triathlon race day preparations, pack swimming conditions and race strategies.
What you’ll learn
- The open water environment
- Confidence in deeper, darker water
- Efficient swimming techniques (stroke development)
- Navigating through wind and water chop
- Sighting techniques so you swim straight
- Buoy turns
- Swimming in a pack
- Drafting for competitive swimming
- Swimming in wetsuits
- Getting out of your wetsuit (triathlon transition)
- Preparing for adversity (like losing your goggles)
- Race strategy & tactics
As featured in
- 2-hour clinic
- Min. two instructors (1:6 ratio)
- OceanFit silicone swim cap
- Have A Go 1km online training program ($49 value)
- Post clinic advice and support
What to bring
For your comfort & safety, please bring the following items to your lesson.
- Wetsuit (optional)
- Sunscreen, hat, long-sleeved shirt
Capped at a max. 12 participants.
- Swim minimum 400m freestyle
- Tread water for 5 minutes