OceanFit’s open water swim school gives your child an opportunity to build confidence in the open water environment, learn skills to keep safe and make smart decisions in unfamiliar water, and develop a love for open water swimming.
The 4-lesson intensive school holiday program for 5-10 year olds is designed to enhance swimming skills learnt in traditional pool swimming lessons by introducing the unfamiliarity and unpredictability of the open water environment.
Each lesson is one hour, with outcomes focused on open water familiarisation, comfort in cooler, darker, deeper, ‘scarier’ water, and self rescue from an unintentional fall into the water.
In collaboration with the Pilot Station – Boating Safety Education Centre, there will also be water craft, boating and lifejacket learning components for an all-round open water education.
This summer, invest in your child’s aquatic future with OceanFit’s open water swimming lessons.
What your child will learn
- Open water familiarisation
- Respect for the open water
- How to identify & avoid risks in open water
- How to recover and get to safety after unintentionally falling into open water
- Age-appropriate open water rescue techniques
- Open water swimming techniques
- Boating and water craft safety
- OceanFit latex swim cap
- Experienced instructors
- 1:4 teacher to child ratio
- Alternative poor weather options
- Venue & equipment hire
Capped at a maximum of 6 children.
Minimum numbers required. Full refunds if minimum numbers not reached.
What to bring
For your child’s comfort & safety, please bring the following items to your lesson.
- Wetsuit (highly recommended)
Watsons Bay Pilot Station – Education Centre
Marine Parade, Watsons Bay