The fifth swim of the WOW Swim Series, ‘the community swim series for all’, the 2020 Mandurah Australia Day Swim is held on the 26th January. The event is about families, fun, fitness and friendship. It is an opportunity for everyone in the community over the age of eight to safely participate in an open water swim in the shallow protected waters of Doddi’s Beach, no matter your ability. Swimmers can choose between 4 different swims: Alcoa 250m “Try It Swim”, 1km swim, 2km swim and a 4km swim.
Mandurah is an ideal destination to spend an Australia Day long weekend. Relax and enjoy breakfast after your swim, before exploring the great variety of attractions and facilities Mandurah has to offer.
The swims take place in the shallow protected waters of Doddi’s Beach, which are often frequented by bottlenose dolphins.
The Alcoa 250m “Try It Swim” is intended for primary school-aged children (8 years and up), swimmers with disabilities and novice swimmers. The swim is designed to encourage participation in open water swimming.
Swimmers looking for a greater challenge can choose between swimming 1km, 2km or 4km around a well-marked 1km rectangular course under the watchful eye of our on-water safety crew. All swims commence at an in-water start and finish by passing under an in-water finishing gate.
While you're there
Mandurah is an ideal destination to spend an Australia Day holiday long weekend. While in Mandurah you might like to:
- Enjoy a coffee or a meal at the cafes and restaurants that line the estuary foreshore or at Dolphin Key;
- Go boating and explore our award-winning Ocean Marina or watch bottlenose dolphins playing joyfully in the canals, estuary and rivers;
- Take your kids to all the fun activities in and around the city centre;
- Go bird watching and explore wetlands of international importance; or
- Stroll through Mandurah’s rich cultural history and learn about its past and present.
Travel and parking
Mandurah is located on the coast less than one hour’s drive or train ride south west of Perth’s city centre. The swim takes place at Doddi’s Beach on Halls Head Parade, 5 minutes south of the Mandurah City Centre.
There is ample free parking along the foreshore in front of Doddi’s beach or adjacent to the Registration Area at the Mandurah Yacht Club, 1 Halls Head Parade, Halls Head.