Develop an efficient stroke
Establishing an efficient swimming stroke is the first step to developing your ocean and open water swimming.
Whether you’re swimming distances in open water, wanting to navigate the surf zone more efficiently or knock minutes off your event times, improving your stroke should be your #1 priority.
Our intensive 2-hour stroke correction clinics will break down your stroke and re-construct it, so you swim with minimal effort in the pool and in open water.
If you currently know very little about what constitutes an efficient swimming stroke, then by the end of this clinic you’ll have a better knowledge of the theory of swimming that you can use to your advantage post-clinic as you continue to work on your stroke.
There really is no substitute for an efficient swimming technique so use this stroke correction clinic as a starting point to becoming a better ocean swimmer.
What you’ll learn
- An introduction to basic strategies of balance, streamlining and propulsion
- Key swim drills and how to apply them to improve your whole stroke
- How to engage and swim from your core/torso for improved efficiency
- What efficient swimming looks, feels and sounds like
- Basic ocean swimming techniques you can practice in the pool
- BONUS: Video uploads of your stroke from above the water
This program requires the following pre-requisites:
- Swim minimum 400m in a single pool training session
- Tread water for 1 minute
What to bring
For your comfort & safety, please bring the following items to your lesson.
What our participants say
I just wanted to congratulate Andre and his team on the wonderful ocean work they do. They provided me last season as a novice to ocean swimming with all the skills, support and confidence to go from a debut swim in November to competing and completing 17 ocean swims through out the summer season. The team work tirelessly and I cant thank them enough I highly recommend & support Oceanfit. All you have to do is know what you want to do – they will get you there.