Confidence, efficiency & tactics in open water
OceanFit moves to flat water for open water swimming training that focuses on developing techniques & strategies required for open water swims & triathlons.
If you’re looking to swim more efficiently and become confident in open water – like harbours, lakes and rivers – but you’re not ready for the ocean and waves just yet, then this is the clinic for you.
If you’re a beginner triathlete, or struggling with the first leg in your tri’s, then this clinic will give you a better understanding of open water, develop your stroke for open water swimming and help you with triathlon race day preparations, pack swimming conditions and race strategies.
As featured in
What you’ll learn
- The open water environment
- Confidence in deeper, darker water
- Efficient swimming techniques (stroke development)
- Navigating through wind and water chop
- Sighting techniques so you swim straight
- Buoy turns
- Swimming in a pack
- Drafting for competitive swimming
- Swimming in wetsuits
- Getting out of your wetsuit (triathlon transition)
- Preparing for adversity (like losing your goggles)
- Race strategy & tactics
This program requires the following pre-requisites:
- Swim minimum 400m freestyle
- Tread water for 5 minutes
Who’s it for?
Choose this clinic if you’re training for your first triathlon or open water swim, or if you didn’t enjoy your first triathlon swim leg.
- 3-hour clinic
- Minimum two instructors
- OceanFit silicone swim cap ($10 value)
- A pair of Vorgee Missile or Vortech goggles ($29.95 value)
- Have A Go 1km online training program ($49 value)
- Post clinic advice and support
Capped at a maximum of 12 participants.
What to bring
For your comfort & safety, please bring the following items to your lesson.