Give your child the gift of an ocean lifestyle
Learn from our expert instructors in ocean confidence lessons that teach you how to keep your family safe at the beach and in the waves.
If you are a parent, this clinic will instil confidence in your ability to instruct your children at the beach. You’ll learn ocean conditions, swim techniques and how to overcome children’s reservations and anxieties.
If you’re a child, you’ll have the best fun learning with your family and friends how to dive under waves, stay in control and bodysurf.
The family learning philosophy
- Parents learn to teach their children
- When & where to swim at the beach
- Learn the do’s and don’t’s
- Basic skills with correct techniques
- Encourage, inspire and delight
Session part one
Parents and child are split up
- Sessions run out of water
- Both learn basic beach awareness
- Parents learn how to teach children
- Parents learn child reservations & anxieties
Session part two
Parents & children in the water together
- Approaching the water/waves
- Deep water
- Staying in control
- Diving under waves
- 2-hour clinic
- Minimum two instructors
- OceanFit silicone swim cap each ($20 value)
- Very small group size
- Personal attention from instructor
Capped at a maximum of 6 parent/child pairs (12 participants).
When are clinics available?
Clinics are scheduled during the summer school holidays.
Keep an eye out on the website for scheduled clinics, and book into a clinic when they become available.
How many people are in a clinic?
We have a maximum of six parent/child pairs available for each clinic – so be quick when they come up!
Of course, this is for maximum safety and enjoyment.
How many children can accompany a parent at one time?
There is a maximum of one child per parent/guardian.
This is for maximum safety and attention for each child.
If you have more than one child, we suggest getting other adult family members involved, or returning to a future clinic with the next child.
What to bring
For yours and your child’s comfort & safety, please ensure you bring the following items to your lesson.