Discover the beach environment
This is the original entry-level OceanFit clinic for beach-loving non-swimmers who would like to gain a greater awareness of the ocean environment and grow their confidence in deeper water and waves.
Previous participants have gone on to learn ocean swimming and complete an event, become hooked on body surfing and taken up other ocean sports like surfing, scuba-diving and surf life saving.
In three fun action-packed hours you’ll get to know the beach environment and then step your way through practical water-based activities to increase your skills and confidence in the ocean.
With all your new found ocean confidence your summer’s at the beach will never be the same again!
As featured in
What you’ll learn
- How elements such as weather, waves and rip currents play a major part in your beach experience
- How to identify and avoid risks and basic ocean safety survival options
- The importance of staying in control and using the ocean to your advantage
- Basic foundation ocean swimming techniques
- How to body surf
- All about rip currents, including a practical rip current experience
This program requires the following pre-requisites:
- Swim minimum 100m any stroke
- Tread water for 1 minute
Who’s it for?
Choose this clinic if you are very hesitant about the ocean, are a non/weak swimmer, and you need to learn the very basics.
$220 – Includes $132.95 of added value!
- 3-hour clinic
- Minimum two instructors
- OceanFit silicone swim cap ($10 value)
- A pair of Vorgee Missile or Vortech goggles ($29.95 value)
- Have A Go 1km online training program ($49 value)
- 20% OFF your next clinic ($44 value) *purchased in the same season
- Post clinic advice and support
Capped at a maximum of 6 participants.
What our participants say
No, and yes. The majority of the water component of this clinic is based in knee to waist deep water so no swimming involved. However, there is an opportunity for a rip current experience which would require you to float out in a rip, keeping yourself afloat, and making your way back to shore. This experience is only available when the conditions allow, and not participating in it does not detract from the clinic.
Looking to become a stronger, fitter swimmer? Join one of our stroke correction clinics.
Completing this clinic means you’ll have the confidence to participate in our Learn to ocean swim clinic.
What to bring
For your comfort & safety, please bring the following items to your lesson.