Personal liability policy
By registering for an OceanFit program you confirm and agree to these terms and conditions and undertakings apply to the activities to be provided to you by OceanFit Pty Ltd, ABN 27 602 106 016, trading as ‘OceanFit’.
- You have been examined by a licensed medical (“Practitioner”) within the past six months and have been found by such Practitioner able to perform all vigorous exercise, in and out of the water, which you are to perform during an OceanFit program.
- You will faithfully follow all instructions given to you by OceanFit and its Instructors as to when, where and how to perform and not perform exercises/activities.
- You agree and acknowledge that participation in any OceanFit activities could constitute a risk of serious injury to yourself, including permanent paralysis or death. You voluntarily and knowingly recognise, accept and assume this risk and warrant that you are physically fit and able to perform the OceanFit activities without risking serious injury, including permanent paralysis or death. You acknowledge that neither OceanFit nor its Directors, Instructors or Employees shall be, nor deemed to be responsible or liable (whether in contract or in tort or under any statute whatsoever), for any injury, illness or other mishap you sustain arising from or out of, or in any way directly or indirectly connected with, the OceanFit activities.
- You understand and acknowledge that you are to receive instruction in OceanFit activities, including activities on the land, beach and in the water, and theory only. Neither OceanFit, its Directors, Instructors and Employees are not liable for, nor expected to provide any advice, training or medical assistance other than in the form of the OceanFit activities.
- You indemnify and will at all times keep indemnified OceanFit, its Directors, Instructors and Employees from and against all actions, suits, cause of action, proceedings, claims, costs and expenses whatsoever which may be taken or made against OceanFit, its Directors, Instructors and Employees in connection with or arising out of any such injury, illness or mishap to you.
- The program fee paid by you to OceanFit is non-refundable. OceanFit may in its sole discretion grant refunds to you without prejudicing any of its rights.
At OceanFit we love photos and we take lots of photos during our programs and at events. These photos are usually posted on OceanFit’s social media accounts such as; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+ and Linkedin (we only use first names and won’t tag you), they also might be used on our website or in advertising for OceanFit online or other marketing material and they’re sent to participants as a keepsake.
You can be assured that we’ll only use photos that look awesome and make you look amazing!
We ask that everyone accepts the Photography Waiver as it’s almost impossible to get photos of people in action without someone being in the background and we don’t like to ask people to move out of shot or not be a part of a group shot (because it puts them on the spot in front of others).
During the sign up process for all OceanFit programs you’ll be asked to read and accept our Photography Waiver before you can participate in our programs.
Don’t want to accept the photography waiver? Please contact us.
By registering for an OceanFit program you consent to the use or reproduction by OceanFit or its agents of photographs taken of you for the sole purposes of advertising, media publicity, publication, web display, general display or any other OceanFit purposes in whole or in part. You hereby waive any interest that you may have in the copyright to the photograph(s) now or at any future time and state that you do not expect to receive any payment or consideration in respect of them. You release OceanFit, its employees and agents from any liability (including consequential loss) connected with the publication, reproduction, release or other use of these materials.
We try not to cancel any programs, however, there will be times when we can’t run a program because of a lack of numbers or the weather & surf conditions are too rough.
We only cancel programs if we don’t meet the minimum numbers needed to make it worth while. We’ll let you know as soon as possible if we’re calling the program off and we will give you a number of options to make up for it, or we’ll refund your fee in full to a nominated bank account.
Weather and conditions
We want to be in the water, and we want you to be in the water – that’s what you’re here for and how you’ll get more confident, experienced and fit. But sometimes the weather is just awful and the surf conditions are too dangerous (which depends on the level of the program) so we’ll cancel the program.
If this is the case we’ll let you know well in advance if we can.
If weather and conditions are marginal (and you haven’t heard from us the previous day), we will only cancel a program at the beach, moments before the scheduled start time of the program. You must be in attendance to find out whether a program is going ahead or not, and only participants who are present when it’s cancelled will get to reschedule their program.
Please note, the weather and ocean conditions can be very different to what is forecast, so the only true way to assess conditions are at the beach, in real time.
OceanFit is a small business operating in a natural highly-variable environment in the summer months only.
In order to run OceanFit as efficiently as possible, and stay in business to be able to offer our programs, we need to be strict on participant cancellations.
Please respect our cancellation policy and check your booking before committing.
i.e. Ocean confidence, Learn to ocean swim, Negotiating the surf, Open water swimming
There will be NO refund for participants who cancel their clinic within 7 days of their scheduled clinic, for any reason, including sickness, business travel, travel issues etc.
We may be able to offer you a place in a future clinic, however, these places will only be offered at the last minute, if the clinic has not been sold out. We are not obliged to offer this service.
i.e. morning ocean fitness classes MOCEAN, VITALITY, ENERGY
There will be NO refund for participants who cancel their block of classes within 7 days of the start of the scheduled block.
Missed classes/Make-up classes
If you can’t make a class for any reason (sick/away) then unfortunately you lose that class. We run very small groups and we can’t offer flexibility. However, we will do our best to find a spare spot in the upcoming weeks for a make-up session, but there is no guarantee you will get a make-up and there is no holding over make-ups to any future season block.
We ask that everyone helps us and others looking for make-up’s by letting us know as soon as possible in advance of your class if you won’t be there, this way we can redistribute your spot to someone else. This works well if everyone plays their part, if you’d like the option of a make-up session make sure you keep your side of the bargain and offer the sessions you are unavailable.
Postponements & cancellations
We only make decisions about conditions and whether we swim or not at the beach, so please turn up no matter what the surf forecast or weather is like on the day. There is almost always something we can do in the water, and these sessions often over-deliver on fun and experience.
There is no refund or rescheduling of classes missed due to weather and conditions.
Weekday private lessons
There will be NO refund for participants who cancel their private lesson within 3 days of their scheduled lesson.
Weekend private lessons
There will be NO refund for participants who cancel weekend private lessons at any stage, for any reason.
All gift vouchers for programs are given an expiry date of the end of the season in which they were purchased. Vouchers must be used within the season they were purchased.
Our seasons are as follows:
- 2017-18 season, 14 October 2017 – 25 February 2018
- 2016-17 season, 22 October 2016 – 17 February 2017
There are no refunds for program purchases and gift vouchers not used.
Click and collect
You can chose to collect your order at your next OceanFit program for no charge. If you choose this option please ensure you let us know which program you will be at next in the additional field when you check out.
OceanFit currently only ships within Australia. We are hoping to extend our shipping to New Zealand and Worldwide soon.
All deliveries are made by standard post.
Our standard post delivery service aims to have your package delivered within 5 working days. Standard Post is $8.25.
Please allow 1-2 days between OceanFit receiving your cleared payment and the parcel being shipped. Contact us if you require urgent delivery of your parcel.
Your order may be delivered in more than one package, and packages may arrive at different times. There is no additional shipping charge for split-delivery.
Even though we can guarantee order processing within a 48 hour period, there may be times out of our control when we are unable to guarantee delivery even when using Express Post Services (if this has been selected and paid for at checkout).
Unfortunately we can not control what happens to your package once sent, even when sent with tracking and guaranteed next day delivery.
If you feel your package has not been delivered after a reasonable time frame, please advise us as soon as possible so we can investigate and alleviate concerns.
OceanFit will exchange swimwear and clothing (this excludes goggles, caps, accessories, merchandise that isn’t clothing) that are the incorrect size or style if your order isn’t quite right. Items for exchange must be returned in the same condition in which they were received (including intact hygiene sticker for swimwear) to be granted an exchange.
OceanFit will only refund on items purchased if there is a manufacturing fault and this is at the discretion of OceanFit and its suppliers.
All items whether for exchange or refund must be returned within 7 days of receipt, with allowance included for time taken to return post.
Additional postal costs for returns, whether refund or exchange will be honoured by OceanFit in the case of a manufacturing fault. All other exchanges due to incorrect size or style chosen by the purchaser will be the responsibility of the purchaser.
Please contact us if you would like to return an item.